Mom’s Chicken Noodle SoupPrint Recipe
Ingredients and Shopping List
- 2 cups cooked, shredded chicken, (bite-size pieces) (set aside in refrigerator)
- 6 cups of water
- 2 ½ tablespoons of Better Than Bouillon® Chicken Base
- 1 tablespoon finely minced shallot
- 2 large carrots, peeled and thinly sliced into rounds
- 1 celery rib, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley leaves
- ¼ teaspoon ground thyme
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- 8-ounces dried Amish style narrow egg noodles
1. In a soup pot, heat water over medium heat. Whisk in Chicken Base until dissolved.
2. Add shallot, carrots, celery, parsley, thyme and pepper, stir to combine. Cover and bring soup to a boil, stirring occasionally.
3. Reduce heat to medium-low, add noodles and chicken, cover and simmer, until done (about 15 minutes) stirring occasionally. Additional water and Chicken Base may be added if desired.
Serve with biscuits or cornbread muffins and chunky cinnamon applesauce.