Not Your Classic Cheese BurgerPrint Recipe
Ingredients and Shopping List
- 1 ½ pounds ground round, thawed
- 2 teaspoons Better Than Bouillon® Beef Base
- ⅓ cup finely grated carrot
- 3 medium minced garlic cloves
- 1 teaspoon horseradish mustard (may substitute with Worcestershire sauce)
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- sharp Cheddar cheese, sliced (enough cheese to generously top burgers)
- 1 large yellow onion, thinly sliced (may substitute with frozen onion rings)
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon Southeastern Mills® Barbecue Seasoning (may substitute)
- 1 egg
- ¼ cup milk
- enough canola oil to cover onion rings when frying
- 6-7 slices thick cut bacon, fried and drained on paper towel
- 4 hamburger buns
1. In a medium bowl, add ground round, Beef Base, carrot, garlic, horseradish mustard and pepper, mix to combine.
2. Divide meat mixture into 4 equal portions and shape each portion into a patty.
3. Coat a large non-stick skillet with cooking spray, heat over medium heat.
4. Place patties in skillet; do not over crowd, cook until done, about 20 minutes, turn occasionally. To ensure proper doneness, use an instant read thermometer.
5. Turn heat off; cover each patty with sliced cheese; cover skillet to allow cheese to melt.
6. In a large deep skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat to 350°F.
7. In a small bowl combine flour and Barbecue Seasoning, in a second bowl, whisk egg with milk.
8. Dredge sliced onion rings in seasoned flour. Dip onion rings in egg mixture. Dredge in seasoned flour for a second time.
9. Place onion rings in hot oil and fry until golden brown, drain on paper towel.
10. Place patties on toasted buns and top with bacon and onion rings.
Garnish with tomatoes or lettuce leaves.
Patties may also be grilled over medium heat; prepare grill grate, do not grill over direct flame or over crowd patties, grill until done. Then continue at step 5.