Shortcut Ham and Cannellini Bean SoupPrint Recipe
Ingredients and Shopping List
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 pound pre-cooked ham steak, cut into small cubes
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 1 large carrot peeled and finely diced (about ¾ cup)
- 4 cups water
- 1½ tablespoons Better Than Bouillon® Ham Base
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- ½ teaspoon ground oregano
- ¼ teaspoon celery salt
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 2 (15-ounce) cans cannellini beans, undrained (white kidney beans)
1. In a large non-stick skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add ham, onion and carrot. Cook and stir until vegetables are tender.
2. In a soup pot, over medium heat, add water, whisk in Ham Base until dissolved.
3. Add tomatoes, oregano, celery salt, parsley and pepper. Stir and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, add undrained beans, stir to combine.
5. Simmer uncovered until done, about 5-8 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with corn bread casserole.