Turkey Chili with Garbanzo BeansPrint Recipe
Ingredients and Shopping List
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound ground turkey, thawed (may substitute with ground chicken)
- ½ cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 large cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 4 cups water
- 1 tablespoon Better Than Bouillon® Chicken Base
- 1 teaspoon Better Than Bouillon® Chili Base
- 1 tablespoon chocolate syrup
- ¼ cup salsa verde, thick and chunky
- 1 (14.5-ounce) can petite diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (6-ounce) can tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ cup frozen corn kernels
- 1 (16-ounce) can garbanzo beans (chick peas), drained and rinsed
1. In a soup pot, heat olive oil over medium-high heat, add turkey, onion and garlic. Cook and stir until bite-size crumbles are done, about 15-20 minutes.
2. Add water, stir in Chicken and Chili Bases until dissolved.
3. Add chocolate syrup, salsa verde, tomatoes, tomato paste, cumin, chili powder, salt and corn. Stir to combine and bring to a boil.
4. Reduce heat to medium-low, add garbanzo beans, stir to combine. Simmer uncovered, until done, about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally.
Serve with cornbread and tomato salad.